At Design.dev, we understand that your privacy is of utmost importance. As such, we adhere to a few fundamental principles regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information:
- We take great care when requesting and collecting personal information through our services, ensuring that it is necessary and relevant to our operations. Additionally, we only retain personal information for as long as necessary or as required by law.
- We believe in transparency and strive to provide clarity on how we gather, use, and share your personal information. We want you to be informed and in control of your data. As a result, we provide you with choices on how your personal information is used and disclosed.
At Design.dev, we are passionate about helping designers and developers improve their craft. Central to our mission is the establishment of trust with our visitors, readers, customers, and the design and development community as a whole. To maintain that trust, we are committed to communicating transparently, providing top-notch security, and protecting the privacy of data on our systems.
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to keeping your personal information personal and private. We will never sell or disclose your personal information to anyone without first providing you with notice and an opportunity to consent, except as necessary to provide our services or as described in this Policy. We value your trust and will always work to earn and maintain it.
- Personal Data: Personal Data refers to any data about a living individual that can identify them, either by itself or in combination with other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically, either through the use of our Service or from the Service infrastructure itself. Examples of Usage Data include the duration of a page visit or other similar metrics.
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a user's device that help us provide a more personalized experience on our Service.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) refers to any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject refers to any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service, and corresponds to the Data Subject who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection & Use
At Design.dev, we collect various types of information for different purposes to provide and improve our service to you. Below are the types of data we collect:
- Personal Data: While using our service, we may request certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). This information includes your name, email address, physical address, state/province, ZIP/postal code, and city. We require a user's email address, name, address, state/province, ZIP/postal code, and city for the sole purpose of completing a purchase transaction initiated by the user. We also require a user's email address when they subscribe to the Design.dev email newsletter, from which users can unsubscribe at any time.
- Usage Data: We may collect information on how the service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This data includes your computer's internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. To protect our users' data, we have systems in place to pseudonymize IP addresses by replacing the last digits of the IP address with zeros.
Use of Data
We collect and use the data we gather for a variety of purposes, including:
- To operate our website and to provide you with access to our content and features.
- To notify you about updates, changes or other news about our Service.
- To enable you to participate in certain interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so, such as leaving comments or submitting forms.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support.
- To analyze and understand how our Service is used and to identify areas for improvement.
- To monitor and analyze the use of our Service, detect potential issues, and address technical problems.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues related to our Service or to protect against fraudulent or illegal activities.
- To send you news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer which are similar to those you have already purchased or shown interest in, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Retention of Data
Design.dev may also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally kept for a shorter period of time unless it is used to improve the security or functionality of the Service, or if Design.dev is required to keep the data for legal reasons.
Transfer of Data
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside of your jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement: We may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We will only disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or to protect our rights or property.
Security of Data
We prioritize the security of your data, but it's important to understand that no transmission or storage method over the Internet is completely secure. Even though we make efforts to use industry-standard methods to safeguard your Personal Data, we cannot provide a guarantee of its complete security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This section outlines the legal basis for Design.dev to collect and use personal information for individuals from the European Economic Area (EEA). The legal basis depends on the specific context in which the data is collected.
Design.dev may process Personal Data in the following cases:
- To fulfill a contract with you
- With your consent
- For legitimate interests that do not override your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with legal requirements
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Design.dev recognizes the data protection rights of individuals residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) and will take reasonable steps to allow them to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of their Personal Data. If you wish to know what Personal Data we hold about you or want it removed from our systems, please contact us. You have the right to access, update, or delete the information we have on you, to have inaccurate or incomplete information rectified, to object to our processing of your Personal Data, to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format, and to withdraw your consent at any time.
Design.dev may use the services of third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
To help us better understand how our Service is used, we may engage third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze its usage.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a website analytics software, to track general usage statistics and visitor movements on our website. Please note that we do not store any personally identifiable information, and neither does Google Analytics.
If we offer paid products or services within the Service, we may use third-party payment processors to handle payment processing.
Digital Ocean Hosting: Our website is hosted on a server instance provided by Digital Ocean. We take all necessary measures to ensure that we do not collect any personally identifiable information. Our server automatically pseudonymizes the IP addresses it records by discarding the last digits.
Email Marketing and Newsletter
ConvertKit: We use ConvertKit as our email newsletter platform to send updates, promotions, and news to our subscribers. To ensure compliance with email marketing regulations, every email we send out through ConvertKit includes an unsubscribe link and our company mailing address at the bottom. When a subscriber clicks the unsubscribe link, they are automatically removed from our email list.
Links to Other Sites
Please note that our Service may include links to third-party websites or services that are not operated by us. If you choose to click on a link to a third-party site, you will be redirected to their website.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of service of any third-party sites you visit, as we cannot control or be held responsible for the content, policies, or practices of these sites.
This section emphasizes that the Service is not intended for children under the age of 18 and that the company does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If the company becomes aware that they have collected such information without parental consent, they will take steps to remove it from their servers. Parents or guardians who believe their children have provided Personal Data to the Service can contact the company to request its removal.
The owner of this website is Design.dev.
113 Cherry St #92768
Seattle, WA 98104-2205
Our main email address is [email protected]
Effective: March 15th, 2023